• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Outside filter for a dennerle 20l cube

Is it possible to fit a 20l cube with an outside filter? I dont like the idea of having a internal filter in the small cube and recommendations would be greatly appreciated
I was thinking about an ehiem 150 or oase filtosmart 60

I used the oase before, was a good filter although I did make some changes as it comes set up with biological filtration before mechanical for some reason.

Also to do maintenence you have to full remove the inlet and outlet from the tank as there is no quick release and the pipe connections are tough to take apart.

Last edited:
Thanks guys will looking into these filters maybe amazon but it has to be from mainland Europe because I have heard there is lots of custom problems with postage from the uk the oase and eheim I can get here in germany

I’ve got the next model up on a 60L and the flow isn’t excessive. You can reduce it a bit as well if you’ve got taps fitted. It’s got a capacity of just 1.3L so it’s not a big filter. Have a look on YouTube, there’s bound to be a video of one in action. If you do, bear in mind the outlet pipe is a tiny 9mm. I should add that I’ve also got a Tetra 440 Lph filter on a 30L Nano and with a pre-filter on the inlet it could do with a bit more flow.

Last edited:
Back