Overdosing EasyCarbo?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by Ray, 18 Sep 2008.

1. Ray

Ray Member

Anyone any experience of this? Instructions say go to 2x in a heavily planted tank but DO NOT EXCEED THE DOSE.

I have no livestock, and I know about fissdens, vallais, etc being effected. Has anyone tried going higher? If so how much higher?

Also if the objective is to nuke algae should I still add just before lights on or is it better to add after lights out so it hangs around longer. I know it bio degrades but not sure how long that takes...?

2. johnny70

johnny70 Member

I have dosed x3 with fish in the tank and not had any ill effects :D

JOHNNY

3. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

I dose between 5ml and 10ml per day in my tank and so far haven't seen any bad effects, all I know is that I don't have any algae ;)

4. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

i have accidently dosed 5x over the reccomendation without bad effects.

5. Ray

Ray Member

Great, thanks guys - very helpful :D . I think I'll run with 4x dose for a week and see how it goes. How long before the algae starts to suffer? 2 or 3 days?

6. johnny70

johnny70 Member

with spot dosing the algae started to change colour approx 48hrs after first dosing:) the rest of the tank took that little bit longer :)