• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Own your photos?

Lisa_Perry75

This was just posted by one of my friends who does photography
http://stop43.org.uk/

Thought it might be of interest of any people with photographs on here. To me it seems far too often the government wants to rip us citizens off for everything we have and feed the pockets of themselves and companies.

Good read there Lisa. I'm starting to figure out listing my photos on Flickr with creative commons licensing etc. I'm sure if anyone here knows about this sort of thing, it'll be Tonser :)

It's amazing how many people use photographs that are not their own. If you put it on the internet it's going to be used if it's any good and probably without your permission.

I have a photo published in a book called Unwrecked England. The only photo I have ever sold for publication and yes I'm very proud :)

The publisher contacted me and asked if they could use the photo. I asked where they had seen it and it turns out they looked on google images. The found the image and contacted the site using it who then pointed them to my photoblog.

The person concerned had used my image in a presentation that was then put onto the internet. They never asked permission. I never contacted them to complain as there's no point really.

As long as you keep the file size small and the resolution at 72 no one can print the image but it can be used on screens and websites.

salisbury plain

1159819749.jpg

I made £50 because he stole my image because that's the way the publisher found me.

Back