• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oxygen diffuser in reverse cycle off c02/lighting period - why wouldnt you...

That is surprising to read Sammy? I have found on my tanks the only way to fully degas the CO2 overnight was to run two air stones during the entire lights out period (even then it would take way more than 1.5 hours), which I don't do. Even vigorous surface agitation wasn't sufficient to degas it all.

Without the air stones my tanks never fully degas all the CO2, based on the tank water pH and comparing to a fully degassed tank water sample stored in a cup for 24 hours.
It does sound surprising but i have taken PH readings a lot, especially in the first 6 months when worrying about everything 🤣.

I feel like i have decent surface agitation from my EA lily and i also have a tiny 500LPH powerhead in the opposite corner which provides a little more agitation. After my CO2 turns off, i leave the powerhead on for an extra hour to help degass the CO2, by the time it it turns off my PH is about 7.8, fully degassed 7.9, during photoperiod PH 7.1.

conclusive, and irrefutable, evidence that I'm wrong, and that "the plants have killed their fish".

1613137345068.jpeg

They’ll be coming for us next @dw1305 😳

Back