• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

P@H/Coopet Nano cube

BigTom

As requested by several people, here are a few shots of the new 5mm 'ultra glass' cubes available from Pets at Home. These are of the 27L version (30x30x30, £39), there is also a 15L version (£29).

Silicon is minimal to the point of almost invisible on the side panels, thicker and less neat at the base but would be hidden by substrate. It has a slight green tinge at the joins but otherwise seems very clear. I've never owned an opti-white tank so I really couldn't compare, but it looks good to me.

Light looks nice (11w), filter looks a bit naff but has a spray bar and speed adjustment. Both work very well, the filter actually seems to provide pretty good flow if you can live with its looks, and the light is a nice clean white colour. Both are night on silent. No heater supplied, but tank does come with a thin mat to sit it on and a glass cover. The little clip-on corner braces that hold the cover glass slide off easily and I doubt they do anything structural, so could easily remove if you wanted it open-top.

Some earlier discussion here - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15954

nanofull.jpg

nanobottom.jpg

nanotop.jpg

Man that does look good. I didn't have time to open the box in Pets at Home this morning.

The glass continues to interest me. The other thread mentioned it was listed as Ultra Glass which is comparable to Sapphire glass.

Is the same thing as Opti-white? They are both Iron free.....

A mate of mine had one a while ago, they must bring them in every so often. I was like oh I like your nano is it custom built!? Nah...Pets at home £20! BARGAIN. That was without light and filter.

Morgan Freeman said:
A mate of mine had one a while ago, they must bring them in every so often. I was like oh I like your nano is it custom built!? Nah...Pets at home £20! BARGAIN. That was without light and filter.

Which is really what I want. I wonder if I can ask the guys at Pets to get me that tank without the bits...?

Got mine ready for scaping after TGM visit
Agree light is good nice White tone not pinky like the Arcadia arc
Agree the filter looks really naf might get one of the TGM. Hobs
Painted the back panel black
Looks good
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hijac
Which shop did you get yours from? I was in the Corstorphine branch the other day looking for one and had no joy...

So need to buy some of these to keep for future projects. Have been ogling them in the Local P@H for a while. You simply can't get better for the price, unless buying seconhand.

I am getting mine for emersed projects, I was going to get acrylic boxes, but these work at the same price.

Wife said the maximum allowed on the house is 4, so I will get two more. :p ... if they are still available by end of next month, then I will get two more, and put on the loft, they can be very good xmas presents.

ghostsword said:
SteveUK said:
Great stuff :) If I didn't have too many nanos now, I'd be very tempted :)

You cannot have too many nanos, this is why they are nanos. :)

Use them for emersed setups, just with moss, a small pump and some rocks. :) Add some vampire crabs are you are set.

nice :)

I wish i could get these tanks without the extra stuff. I would love to replace my Dennerle and my arc tank with them. I'm going to phone the manufacturer and ask.

Let us know what they say, I'd be very interested to see the outcome.

Boo,

Cooper-international (coopets parent company) say they can only sell through Pets at Home and won't supply tanks by themselves.

So....next thing is to find the manufacturer in China. :)

Back