• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

P@H/Coopet Nano cube

Yeah they get sucked into the slider *Cough* lost an otto to the slider *Cough*, I Used to use a piece of filterfloss over it, but it got filthy too fast! Thats where most of the water goes through instead of going through the actual filter unit.

15l = 10"x10"x10"

Hogan thats the ones I use, in the 30l I use the 3 section filter, dosen't disturb the surface water much but does a good job of filtering the water which is good because the betta keeps gettin annoyed that i destroy his nest :D Should be enough room in it to add some filter floss or a thin strip of foam.

sod it next month im buying some more. :)

Johno2090 said:
Yeah they get sucked into the slider *Cough* lost an otto to the slider *Cough*, I Used to use a piece of filterfloss over it, but it got filthy too fast! Thats where most of the water goes through instead of going through the actual filter unit.

My god this thing is a menace :thumbdown: Have had enough of it. Going to replace it with either a dennerle nano clean corner or one of those new eheim corner filter/led light combos if I can get one without the tank.

Dennerle corner nano filter arrived today, seems good at first glance. Similar size to the one supplied but takes up less space due to being triangle shaped and has much more media area. Flow seems comparable to the max setting on the old one.

The clear spraybar looks good but actually shows up against my black background more than the old one did, and the white filter media is very visible as the casing is clear. I might still wrap a pair of tights around it, as baby shrimp could still fit through the intake holes, but once inside would be safe as it's designed such that there is no way they could get sucke dinto the pump itself.

Had a look for one of these today in my Local P@H, to discover a big gap on the shelf, Although, would have been interesting trying to get one home on the back of my bike.

Sam

I splodged some silicone around mine earlier. You can just rip the flow adjusting slider off to seal that area up better. I cant believe these things have been built so badly!

Back