• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

P@H Cube - Forgotten Realm (Rescape Looming!)

Sentral

Hey guys,

I just got my hands on the P@H coopet 27 litre cube. Very hard to get hold of, I had to ring around 4 stores before managing to find 1 in stock. i got it after hearing such good things about it on here, and was never happy with my piddly 10 litre tank.

I've not decided how I'm going to scape this, but will certainly be a nature aquarium inspired by iwagumi with other influences. I welcome feedback and any ideas people have for the cube shape, having never owned one before!

Bits in the Box

Tank

Re: 27l Nano Cube

I have been following your journal actually!

I will be using CO2 and dosing with an all in one fert, not too sure how decent the light is on these though?

Substrate added. I used Tetra CompleteSubstrate and topped with a mixture of unipac "black" sand and fine black gravel from PAH. I was expecting the sand to be completely black, but I quite like the contrast; looks a bit more natural I guess.

Very murky at the moment...

Been cycling this for what seems like forever, the reason for this is that I wanted it to be as stable as possible!

I've also been reading and researching various things, I've not got a CO2 system yet due to cost; can anyone tell me if liquid carbon is a viable alternative for a month or two?

Plants:
Eleocharis Acicularis
Cyperus Helferi

Fish:
Microrasbora
Endlers
Otto
CRS

Am I likely to have problems with the plant choice and 11w lighting? I have been thinking about getting something like the Up Pro-L 2x 18w or Boyu 3x 18w

I'm currently cycling with an Azoo Mignon 240, which is great but I want something out of sight, so was looking at the Hydor Prime 10, anyone else use this?

Ben

Hi Mate i have the 14ltr version of this and for about 2 weeks ive had Postegmon Helferi and Blyxa in there, the blyxa is melting and the Postegmon isnt looking too good tbh. I dose EI and Easy Carbo about 2ml of each daily.

I am just waiting on my diffuser from AE and then i will have CO2 installed i can then let you know if i see any difference or not, it might be the lighting that is naff.

Re: The Cube

So, keeping a journal didn't really happen :lol:

In the end I went for a standard iwagumi with a sanzon layout. Ended up a mix of Eleocharis parvula and acicularis in the foreground and Cyperus helferi in the background (which grows far too long for this sized tank!)
Fauna consists of:
4x Celestial pearl danios (fave!)
1x sakura (did have 3(
2x glowlight tetra

It's been a long learning curve for me, equipment, plant (and fish) species, water parameters, ferts, lights and CO2 etc etc.

I've got a few photos but all stuck on the external, will try and dig them up if anybody wants a gander. Here's a quick snap from my phone. Too much wine! :crazy:
img3020dr.jpg

Anyway, digging my journal back up and hopefully will keep it all up to date this time! I'll be doing a slight rescape, I've just received an Eheim Ecco 2232 filter, changing substrate, and going to be doing some DIY LED lighting and lily pipes!

Substrate

Ok, so I've been trying to decide on the substrate. I'm edging toward Fluval shrimp stratum but not heard great things about it regarding shrimps http://www.shrimpnow.com/forums/showthr ... ear-of-use
considering flourite and akadama but I'd like something black and that creates favourable conditions for the shrimp. (planning on CRS) if anyone has any input that'd be great

Ben

Pic isnt working for me, but id rather it didnt, i bought 2 of these last week and at the moment there just algae cubes :( all the plants are overed in white fuzz and my scapes are so bad haha, hate comparing good ones to mine.

Mitchell.

Just give it time, all new tanks will have algae issues! Scapes also develop with time, just keep going like I do! :lol:

Might help if i had a job, being 15 sucks in this hobby haha.

Re: P@H Cube (Rescape)- Forgotten Realm

I'm waiting for some more bits to arrive, then I'll post some interesting updates! In the meantime, this all showed up earlier today.

I got the filter for £25 with media, and the taps separately for a fiver each. I also got some 12mm clear hose for £3. The Hydor I got for £22 brand new, it's the 300w 16mm version but I ordered ISTA adapters from AquariumHK. Don't you just love eBay? :)

Substrate wise I'm looking at TMC AquaGro Nutrasoil to replace my existing sand/inert gravel mix. Anybody have experience with this stuff?

bargain!

the TMC stuff is said to be the same stuff as florabase, Ollie knott and other stuff that comes out of Japan. So, good stuff.

cheers ian.

Thought I'd take a quick phone pic, you get the idea hopefully! I'm going to redo the rock formation as well, looking at straight the larger rocks look too parallel.

Looks great mate, wish mine looked that good haha, what are the long thin plants? Vallis?

C. Helferi but to be honest it grows far too long! Looking for an alternative...

how about vallis nana or eleocharis vivipara as alternatives?

Looking good mate, good to see some quality from Bristol :thumbup: :lol:

Sentral said:
cheers ian.

Thought I'd take a quick phone pic, you get the idea hopefully! I'm going to redo the rock formation as well, looking at straight the larger rocks look too parallel.

Looking good so far.

Did you change the standard light? It looks silver in that photo.

Best Regards,
John

Back