• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

P@H cube

awtong

Hey guys,

I may have just got the wife's green light on a shrimp tank!! :D

What are the dimensions and volume of the larger P@H cube? is it 25l volume? I want to start working out substrate volume and pricing up what I need to buy!

Andy

Yes it's 25L. 30x30x30cm. Got 1 a few weeks ago! You will need to get a light as it only comes with a filter. Filter does the job but I am going to replace mine with a hang on the back filter from all pond solutions, less intrusive than the internal.

awtong said:
Hey guys,

Andy

Cool man, heres hoping so as thats biggest hurdle to jump!
Happy shrimping...... oh, i reckon it may be just a tad too small for a plec ;)
Ady.

Ady34 said:
awtong said:
Hey guys,

Andy

Cool man, heres hoping so as thats biggest hurdle to jump!
Happy shrimping...... oh, i reckon it may be just a tad too small for a plec ;)
Ady.

I am agreeing with that Ady but the green light has been issued. The other half works for P@H so I can get one of their cube tanks for peanuts.

At the moment I am thinking EBI substrate, a TMC mini LED and either a Dennerle Eckfilter or HOB filter. Shrimp wise I am thinking something not too difficult. Other details to be determined.

Oh and no there isn't enough room for a Plec Ady but I have 8 of those in the 450l that should suffice :lol:

Andy

PaulP said:
Yes it's 25L. 30x30x30cm. Got 1 a few weeks ago! You will need to get a light as it only comes with a filter. Filter does the job but I am going to replace mine with a hang on the back filter from all pond solutions, less intrusive than the internal.

Thanks for that info I already have plans for a light and filter. I just wanted the dimensions to start working out substrate volume and to start pricing stuff up. :thumbup:

Andy

awtong said:
[The other half works for P@H so I can get one of their cube tanks for peanuts.

At the moment I am thinking EBI substrate, a TMC mini LED and either a Dennerle Eckfilter or HOB filter.

Andy
Great that you can get the tank at a good price.
Id personally go for a hob filter, that way you keep stuff out the tank and increase the water volumme slightly. Bartash did a review of the all pond solutions one which has adjustable flow as far as i can remember and looks like a decent bit of kit reasonably priced...youll need a shrimp strainer for the inlet though. Heres his review:
http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21615
Ebi substrate sounds like a good choice, Freshwater shrimp sponsor site do different colours and grain sizes:
http://www.freshwatershrimp.co.uk/categ ... category=8
I dont know much about led's but several members seem to be having good success with the tmc grobeams so im sure the mini will be a good choice.
Good luck mate, shrimps are cool, and your right 8 plecs will keep you L numbered up for now!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks Ady I don't know much about HOB's so I will check that out.

I had been looking on Freshwater shrimp's site. I really like the look of the Rilli shrimp but will need to research them first. It will be my first time keeping any type of shrimp so I don't want them to be too tricky with water parameters, and I don't really want to have to use RO etc. I have enough money invested in the big tank and stock so I just want the shrimp to be fairly interesting and easy to keep right now.

Andy

Back