• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Packing it in "NO I'm Back boys and Girls" Update @ 31.05.09

hi,
seems to me that algae is nearly always co2,flow and ferts.you've got good flow,co2 at max and overdosing EI. :?

Piemonster said:
a lot of the replies within threads in relation to remove / reducing the effect of algae is increase the Co2 is only masking the issue when there are probably more fundamental issues that has caused the outbreak

It's not really masking the issue, CO2 is critical to whether a lot of forms of algae thrives or dies.

Well my Co2 is at its limit DC are yellow which is too much. One thing a have noticed since adding the HK pumps where ever the direction of flow algae seems to be more promient. So following your comment see above - too much Co2 assist algae in growing - correct?.

Regards
paul.

My comment was poorly worded, I meant CO2 levels are critical, too much CO2 does not propagate algae as far as i am aware, quite the opposite.

Back