• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pale sickly plants (brown, yellow)

Hi Tom,

Unless I've missed it, here's something other people haven't mentioned.
Easycarbo and the like are detrimental to true aquatic plants such as your pondweed (E. densa), and Limnophila to a lesser extent. This may explain poor growth in some of your plants.

Hope this helps,
Alex

Hi Tom,

Unless I've missed it, here's something other people haven't mentioned.
Easycarbo and the like are detrimental to true aquatic plants such as your pondweed (E. densa), and Limnophila to a lesser extent. This may explain poor growth in some of your plants.

Hope this helps,
Alex

Hi Alex - thanks for your reply. That's new info, although now you mention it I'm sure George Farmer has commented on it at somepoint. Would you recommend that I stop using it all together?

Hi

George seems to say do not use it at all. I think it is useful, it keeps levels of Black Brush and Greenspot algae down to a minimum and will help the other plants a little. Although the bottle says it's an organic carbon source, I find it to be more of an algecide than a fertliser.
Maybe stop for a few weeks and see if you notice any difference? You might find it does more harm than good or vice versa.

Back