• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Palu

Gill

Going to have a Go at a Palu for the Living room.
Will be using the Matala Matting for the background and will cover in Moss and Wood.
Going to use one of the many spare pumps to draw water to the top for the trickle.
Using Bio Media for the gravel and Biohome aswell to surround the Pump. Will be using Crochet Netting to male the Pump Housing and fill with media.

Will Be housing the Super Crystal Reds and Wine Reds. And a few Micro Crabs etc.

Will post Pix as Progress Goes.

A few pix from the build.
Used a small filter for the uplift. And cut a length from a siphon, which fit perfectly. Also used the spray bar from the filter.
Cut the matting to size. And just push fit.
Added mature bio home media from the shrimp tank, and sponges etc. And the mature sponges from the shrimp tank.

Washed some old shrimp soil and added a layer.

2 lava rocks from mature tanks.

Then I just cut a price of poly filter to hang over and into the water. And act as a wick for the flow.

Now Fil sent me loads and I mean loads of moss.
And I did not need to attach it the polyfilter. The steel mesh sticks to the polyfilter without using anything else.

So covered the entirety of the matting.
And added a few larger pieces of moss to the lava rock.

Also I few strands of hydro from ram bam.

I am really happy with it. And surprised how easy it was. With what I had.

Will take a few more pix once the water clears etc.

Forgot to take pix of adding the moss etc and hardscape.

50d025b274ef34da14d1e4cb67f8aaaf.jpg
b548c89dfd65d6a5a9cd1e2a1fd70d22.jpg
cdcad0e7d98f517d39257b0a3166f42b.jpg
a862221ce66078ba331ee18aa433d7c0.jpg
4b3dc257cdd4f1fd41b56c8ac79ae7d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back