• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Paludarium/terrarium

Holly poop! That's big...! :eek:
Ali, you could charge admission when this is done for people to come and view your projects... I can see it now, not ADA but 'ANE' in neon lights (Alastairs Nature Exhibition) :thumbup:

Any updates on this project?

Sorry yes I built it up but havent started up just yet. Waiting for some other bits. Ill be running a separate journal for it but here it is just built
bave2any.jpg

wow mate, think your making up for something... :p

Absolutely not mate. I like all my things big ;)

Two days ago I met a guy that had one exactly like this. He has the paludarium running for two years and it is absolutely amazing. Inside there is just a large piece of epiweb folded here and there, 2 nice nd large pieces of wood and a tiny pump attached to a spraybar that is placed at the top. The spraybar just drips 24/7 and in two years all the paludarium is plenty of Java moss and other local species, local ferns... No rain system, no fog system... just the described dripping system and some manual spraying everyday. Frogs were hidden except some babies, but he showed me a video on his phone of what happens every day... And believe me, this is even better than the paludarium aspect. The frogs (don't know which species) sing like birds but all together, it is a very special and peaceful sound, absolutely marvelous.

Jordi

I've always wanted a terrarium/paludarium with frogs, somehow the missus didn't agree with the associated bugbreeding needed to feed them, she should be used to that, when studying i had snakes in the bedroom (yes they do escape sometimes) and snakes in the livingroom which i fed live day old chicks. Oh and sometimes a caflshead in the fridge, you know, to boil clean. Nothing strange or wierd. And i bred mice to feed snakes. Again nothing strange.

Two days ago I met a guy that had one exactly like this. He has the paludarium running for two years and it is absolutely amazing. Inside there is just a large piece of epiweb folded here and there, 2 nice nd large pieces of wood and a tiny pump attached to a spraybar that is placed at the top. The spraybar just drips 24/7 and in two years all the paludarium is plenty of Java moss and other local species, local ferns... No rain system, no fog system... just the described dripping system and some manual spraying everyday. Frogs were hidden except some babies, but he showed me a video on his phone of what happens every day... And believe me, this is even better than the paludarium aspect. The frogs (don't know which species) sing like birds but all together, it is a very special and peaceful sound, absolutely marvelous.

Jordi

This is very dependant on the species of frog! Were they black and yellow?
Mine make a very gentle humming sound, like winding up an old watch.
BTW the 24/7 drip method wont work well with a peat/cocofibre or fernroot backdrop. With epiweb it's fine though.

it could very well be, at least 60-70% chance. It's the most common genus I think :p

Back