• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Paludarium with mist maker

grandb3rry

Hi guys! I've recently been to LFS and they have a paludarium type aquarium (sounds weird right?) with mist maker....looks soooooo gooood sooo natural :)

Mist makers are quite expensive (over £80 on few websites), but not on ebay! I found myself one for £6.99 + 5.99 delivery: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _869wt_730 What is good about this mist maker that it has no color LED bulbs which make it look like silly.

I think I will attempt to set up one of those natural looking paludariums in nearest future :)

Any thoughts should be shared here...

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this type of aquaria?

Isn't it beautiful?
paludarium.jpg

beplant.jpg

163.jpg

paludarium1.jpg

paludarium2x.jpg

Attachments

• paludarium2x.jpg
    paludarium2x.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 684
Hi all,
Have a look on the caudata.org forum or similar, the mist makers work by the ultrasonic vibration and the membranes are very prone to failure. Look term I think a pump powered water fall is likely to be a better option for maintaining humidity, although it won't give you the "fog effect".
cheers Darrel

Hi all,
I'd also be pretty sure that these aren't photo's of actual paludariums, particularly in the last 2 some of the plants (the Cycad on the far left of the bottom photo for example) are very intolerant of water logging.

Here is a real one:
100_0662.jpg

cheers Darrel

Back