• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Panda Garra - Noooo...

Nick72

Arhh..

Water change finished twenty minutes ago.

Started drip acclimating four of the tiniest SAE you've ever seen.

54B2D323-EAEB-41F1-86C9-AE0735BDF7FB.jpeg

and my new and much loved Panda Garra took a dive out of the tank.

Lucky I was glancing over to see the drip rate was fine and spotted him.

He was only three inches away from the SAE container - oh only if he had landed in that.

That's a good four foot drop onto a tiled floor.

I popped him straight back into the tank and he swam off to take refuge on the filter inlet tube.

I guess it will be a watching brief tonight :(

Hi @Nick72

As you know, I've been very active on your other TDS thread throughout today. In view of the problem you've been having with the water parameters in this tank, it may explain why your Panda Garra "took a dive out of the tank". As you say "I guess it will be a watching brief tonight".

Hope all goes well.

JPC

Hi @Nick72

As you know, I've been very active on your other TDS thread throughout today. In view of the problem you've been having with the water parameters in this tank, it may explain why your Panda Garra "took a dive out of the tank". As you say "I guess it will be a watching brief tonight".

Hope all goes well.

JPC

Hi JPC,

I'm not sure I have any water parameter issues with my tank. I was interested to hear peoples views on my high TDS reading (500+), but the majority seemed to indicate that this was not necessarily an issue.

When I was then able to reduce TDS to 224 through a water change, and then see the TDS go back to almost exactly the same number (542) once a added Prime, Excel and ferts and KH + GH buffers, it seemed to me that my TDS is fine.

It would be easy to conclude that my Panda Garra made a bid for freedom immediately after my water change and remineralisation, but having seen that the TDS actually returned to almost exactly the same figure post water change, and therefore consistency for my fish, I'm of the opinion it was just one of those things.

A slight higher water level than usual and a fish species that is known to jump.

The good news is the Panda Garra appears to be doing fine this morning. I'm pleased he got through the first 12 hours since the jump, and I'm hoping he will fully recover.

Back