Panoramic Photos

Discussion in 'Photography' started by LondonDragon, 16 Jun 2009.

1. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Was looking for some old photos and found this panoramic photos I did sometime ago, they are composed from a minimum of 8 photos to a maximum of 10. I used this software: http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html to stich the photos together, works very well and does it all automatically.

Click on image to view larger size:

View of the Geres Mountains in the north of Portugal, at 850 meters high:
    [​IMG]

View from Geres Dam, this time looking up on the mountains:
    [​IMG]

Park of Peace just south of Lisbon in Almada:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking :)

2. Stu Worrall

Stu Worrall Forum Moderator Staff Member

very nice paulo, i ilke the one on the top the best with the people in the top right corner. gives a good idea of scale with them in.

ive used autostitch quite a few times but gone over to CS3 recently for prints as the free version of autostich only does 72dpi. Its a great program though, very simple to use.

3. Jase

Jase Member

All stunning images Paulo. Did you move the camera manually or do you have increment equipment?

Regards,

4. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Wow! Nice work mate. I must give this a try sometime.

5. LondonDragon

Thanks Stu, I didn't know CS3 could stich photos together also, is it a special extra for it?

Thanks Jase, I moved along the horizon manually, just have to make sure you capture at least 10-15% of the previous shot on the next one in order for the stiching to work properly.

Thanks George, you should its great and there are some great tricks you can do with it too. Like appear in the same image a few times in different postions lol I will have to test this one to show you.

6. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

They are quality mate! I saw stu had one on his Flickr and it gave me the inspiration to try it, this is only adding to my desire, love them!

7. Stu Worrall

nope its built in under the File --> automate menu option. Cant quite remember what its called now but its pretty obvious from the menu once you drill down.

Ive done quite a few panoramics as I like the widescreen view plus some of our beach scenes in North Wales are ideal for it.

This was an older autostitch which worked quite well. Its about 6 or 8 portrait shots mixed together

148115092_512d64749a_o.jpg

Snowdonia done with CS3

3230359473_a92555d372_o.jpg

The River Dee with CS3 but this is a HDR panoramic. 4 shots across the view but 3 different exposures for each shot so take the twelve images, process them for HDR down to 4 then stitch the 4.

3519851637_24148f0c89_o.jpg

Dinas Dinle Beach in CS3. Cant remember how many shots

3149518831_e9716f0bc7_o.jpg

One thats slightly relevant to this forum from Afon Llugwy

238843934_fce3da2d12_b.jpg

Ive got a set on Flickr here with a few more in (some are a bit cack though) - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sworrall/sets/72057594089096032/

8. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

They're awesome Stu, this is the one that inspired me, 12 images man :wideyed:
    3519851637_24148f0c89_o.jpg

9. LondonDragon

Great shots Stu :) I have CS4 now I will have a look and test and compare both results. cheers

10. Stu Worrall

Cheers both :D You've got to be quick with the HDR panos as if you're not the clouds will move and it'll wreck the stitch!

11. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

all great photo's, this thread come up at the right time as i was about to ask for some panoramic stitching software :p
    credit to you on that one though!

EDIT: just had a go using the test images they provide, and the edge comes out all wavy, do you have to crop it out or something, Paulo?
    Also, is it better to use more images?
    I have just tried it on my tank, 2 images came out rubbish, but 3 were a bit better, or was it just conicendence?

Thanks a lot