• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Parado no tempo

ghostsword

After having a high tech tank with stems and lots of colour I decided to change the plants to something easier to manage and slower.

The list of plants are:
- Java moss
- Hygrophila sp. thailand
- Hygrocotyle sp. Japan
- Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides
- Echinodorus parviflorus
- Echinodorus bleheri
- Cryptocoryne Tropica Green and Brown
- Cryptocoryne Kasselman
- Microsorum pteropus narrow
- Microsorum pteropus windelow
- Microsorum pteropus
- Hygrophila pinatifida
- Alternanthera lilacina
- Barclaya longifolia
- Riccia
- Anubias minima
- Anubias petite
- Fissidens fontanus
- Ranunculos inundatus

The hardscape is large pieces of fossilised wood, I got them from Planted Tanks. There is also a single piece of manzanita wood, almost 80cm in lenght, this I got from Tom Barr.

The substrate is a mix of akadama and Dupla ground, with Tropica substrate under.

Fertilisation is EI, with two 50% water changes per week.

I have about 20 corydora aeneus red back (they are being relocated), three zebra otos and 3 black otos, one SAE, a number of guppies, and 10 cardinals.

Some of the guppies will leave, I am keeping the red tails, really like them. May replace them with endlers.

I will take some photos soon, but for now here is a video:
Parado no tempo

:) yep, flow is big.. :) but the smaller koralia, on the right side, gets turned off at night. As I have the wood in the middle I need to ensure that CO2 goes everywhere. So far no algae. :)

The hygrophila thailand is growing on the wood, so also needs good flow.

Very nicely done, a wealth of textures and colours in there :clap: Your photography has improved a lot too. Though I won't classify Riccia as low maintenance, unless you don't mind it getting everywhere

Nice one Luis! Great plant collection there mate.
Don't forget that barclaya grows bigger then the swords and when it flowers if the seeds reach your tank it'll grow everywhere :)

Mike

flygja said:
Very nicely done, a wealth of textures and colours in there :clap: Your photography has improved a lot too. Though I won't classify Riccia as low maintenance, unless you don't mind it getting everywhere

Thanks.. The photography is hard to get to grips with, but I am getting there. I have not got good enough to start to do post processing, but will get there. :) a hobby for life I suppose.

The riccia is good to have on the tank, I like the fact that it get's everywhere, there is always enough to give to friends and family. :)

clonitza said:
Nice one Luis! Great plant collection there mate.
Don't forget that barclaya grows bigger then the swords and when it flowers if the seeds reach your tank it'll grow everywhere :)

Mike

Thanks.. :)

The barclaya is an amazing plant, so red, but with me it grows slowly, so I doubt that it will reach the surface and flower. I have the tank at 24C/25C and the plant apparently needs lots of light and high temps. Wouldn't mind having a lot of them, would look amazing on a iwagumi scattered around.

By the way, Co2 and EI all in one dosing. 50% water change once a week. The only limiting factor is the light. Two 39w ho t5s for 6 hours. It also has a 1200l ph filter, the tank being just a 120l juwel rekord.

To make it explode in plants, and work :) , I just have to increase the light duration to 10 hours and give a burst of the other two lamps mid day, as I am only using two out of the four lamps.

The blixa is nice and green, grows short and slow, have not been trimmed in 3 months I think.

The biggest growers on the tank are the echinodorus radicans, some leafs are over 60cm long, the crinum calasmistrum , and the large needle leaf fern at the back. Everything else just grows slowly.

Have last week added pinnatifida, another slow grower, so lets see how it develops.

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

Thanks John.. :)

The wood just has wrapped Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, and then I placed a crypt on the middle of the ball of plants. Once in a while I stick a stem there. :)

The plan is to put the wood, that is about 25cm, on a empty tank, with just bare sand on the bottom, similar as that was done on a show that George, and others did in London. :)

The wood has a Koralia magnet bit glued on, to that it can be secured to the glass.

Back