• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Partitioning.

Behold

Right time rescaped and made the tank a bit neater. Im after keeping my vallis in check and not growing everywhere. to do this as someone suggested just place a barrier in the sand.

Question is what can i use thats safe? i need to cover the 5ft length of the tank.

Also how wide would i need to make the channel? I was looking at about 2 inches deep across the back curving out on each corner to about half foot deep.

Is this enough room?? i take it a few small bits of root tabs along the row should suffice.

Thanks

I think you might struggle with keeping the vallis in check. I believe the runners grow accross the top of the substrate, as appose to under it. Someone might correct me there!

As for what to use, some sort of flexible plastic strip (clear) might work.

Most of mine are growing under some over. Its never going to top it but at lease aid low maintanace other than hair cuts.....

Colour is not an issue but dark or clear are better. this is going to have alot of cover in front as im going to build a tall to low gradient back to front creating some caves for my gibb, RTBS and 2 pictus out of wood and maybe some slate then plant on top and around this leaving sand at the front.

I've used coke bottles and rainstrip for partitioning and I've found that the plastic vacuum packing to be by far the easiest as it can be cut and used far more readily than and of the others, that is not to say that neither are valid choices, I'd only use rainstrip again if the substrate was really very deep.

Garuf said:
I've used coke bottles and rainstrip for partitioning and I've found that the plastic vacuum packing to be by far the easiest as it can be cut and used far more readily than and of the others, that is not to say that neither are valid choices, I'd only use rainstrip again if the substrate was really very deep.

It is deep as far as sand goes plus i want it to sit about 1/2 inch above the sand to stop as many shoots as possible. there will be stuff around it anyway so you will not see it.

Ill look at the rainstrip.

Back