• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Patience' - Dennerle Nano Cube 60 Litre

pepedopolous

Ahoj aquascapers!

This is my first (UKAPS-enlightened) attempt at an aquascape. I'm going on holiday shortly so I'm not planting for 10 days or so :(

So, here is my current attempt at positioning the hardscape. Upon planting, I'm going for a jungle look as I just want to see what I can grow- some easy species to (hopefully) outcompete algae and some hard ones too.

IMG_3593.JPG

Aquarium: Dennerle Nano Cube 60L (38x38x43cm)
Lighting: 2x Dennerle Nano 11W
Substrate: ADA Aquasoil Amazonia
Filtration/Flow: JBL CristalProfi e701GL
Heating: JBL Protherm 50W
CO2: Lunapet.de pressurized 2kg system, solenoid, internal glass/ceramic diffuser, Aquasabi
Nano dropchecker
Fertilisers: Tropica TPN+, EasyLife EasyCarbo
Decor: Moorwood, Dragonstone
Cabinet: Custom

Looks good, will be interested to see the results.

Just one thing, your drop checker is upside down!

An update! I know journals are supposed to be 'warts and all' but I've had quite a few 'warts' so I thought I'd update now everything's more established (4 weeks with plants, 1 with fauna). Photos were taken by my girlfriend, whose compact camera does better than mine!

DSCF1956-small.jpeg

Plants: -
Vallisneria asiatica
Hygrophila polysperma
Egeria densa
Ceratopteris siliquosa
Cryptocoryne tropica
Myriophyllum sp.
Eleocharis parvula

Fauna: -
Neocaridna multidenticulata
Clea helena
Danio margiratus
Boraras urophthalmoides
Poecilia wingei 'red scarlet'
Otocinclus affinus
Hisonotus leucofrenatus (sold as Otocinclus negros)
Corydoras hastatus

Dosing: 3 ml of TPN+ daily
Lights: 8 hours, 15:00 - 23:00
CO2: 8 hours, 12:00 - 20:00, ~3 BPS

So on to the lessons learned: -
I removed some of the rocks which I had needed to keep the wood from floating.
I got a Hydor ETH200 in-line heater and an Up in-line atomiser. Both work great, and now there's more room for the tank for plants. However, jubilee clips are a must. Somehow I managed to fit everything in the cabinet!

'Warts': -
Non-working solenoid, now replaced by seller.
Ran out of gas, :thumbdown: I think I might have had a leak from the needle valve from when I had to remove the faulty solenoid.Used EasyCarbo for a week, while I sourced a new bottle.
Did not get on with the 'Super' Up atomiser, so I exchanged it for the normal one.
Snails- effectively dealt with by the Assassins.
:( Lost 3 of 6 Corydoras in the first few days.
I need to take my Endler females and about 15 fry back to the LFS, I thought any fry would get eaten.

So, on to the future. I want to get some more interesting plants- e.g. Staurogyne and Pogostemon erectus. Despite some problems I'm really enjoying this and my better half is on side too!

DSCF1924-small.jpeg

He likes it too!

Back