• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pearling after water change

Tinytom

Iv done a water change tonight a bit earlier than usual so I just turned off my filter and co2 inj, carries out my maintenance then refilled and turned everything back on.
A couple of hours later now and all my plants are pearling like iv never seen, it’s streaming from some of the leaves. Am I getting carried away here is it a build up of oxygen from the turbulence when re filling? It doesn’t seem like it, definetly looks more like pearling. If it is then why is it more pronounced after a water change? Cheers

Tap water contains lots of dissolved gases which soon come out of solution after water change and if your lights are on it looks like pearling ;) which it is OFC but not necessary from the output of Oxygen from the plants

Often if you look carefully after water change you will see bubbles forming in rocks, spray bars, heaters etc which is just dissolved gas from tap water coming out of solution.

Back