Peristaltic Pump

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by Piemonster, 27 May 2009.

1. Piemonster

Piemonster Member

2. BINKSY1973

BINKSY1973 Member

Hi.

Looks a nice find to me. Just make sure you get a 12v DC adaptor. The fact you can vary the motor speed is a bonus. If you decide to get one let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers Gordon.

3. Piemonster

Piemonster Member

Think I'll probably go for it, the only other thing is that it'll need a new hose, shouldn't be a big issue though. Will need to get dry ferts ordered at some point as I'm still using TPN+ at the mo too.

4. Lisa_Perry75

Lisa_Perry75 Member

Looks too good to be true eh. Definately get new hose, if its been used in the lab god only knows whats been left in there! It doesn't look right to me as it doesn't seem to be in a box, seems to be a face plate? That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me... How do you get power to it? Do you have to have a degree in electronic engineering just to wire it up?

You buy one and let us know how it goes, cheers :lol: If all is fine that would be really good! Very handy for many things them pumps...

5. Piemonster

Piemonster Member

Should just be a case of hitching up a 12V dc adapter I think, the irony is that I'm an electronic engineering dropout :lol:

6. Piemonster

Piemonster Member

Just a quick update, got the pump all connected up, even managed to get the speed controller into the circuit too, not bad for a total of £30.