• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

persistant BBA

Are you sure it's BBA and not the start of the roots of adventitious plantlets that form near the tips of JF leaves?

If it is BBA then I'd remove those leaves. Have you tried spot treating the BBA too? Take your daily dose of Excel and squirt it onto the algae. This will usually kill off even the most stubborn BBA.

I just used to take the day's dose in a pipette or syringe, turn off the filter so the water wasn't moving too much and then gently squirt the excel onto the algae under water. A day or so later it'd bleach and then the Otos would eat it. Be careful putting too much Excel straight onto JF leaves, especially out of the water; some of my leaves died and got big holes in them!

Ed Seeley said:
I just used to take the day's dose in a pipette or syringe, turn off the filter so the water wasn't moving too much and then gently squirt the excel onto the algae under water. A day or so later it'd bleach and then the Otos would eat it. Be careful putting too much Excel straight onto JF leaves, especially out of the water; some of my leaves died and got big holes in them!

wow, pretty strong stuff then! Do you turn the filter back on straight away after squirting the dose?

Yeah. I always added the dose just after water changes and cleaning the filter and then would leave it a couple of minutes and then turn it back on when thewater was topped all the way back up.

Back