• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Peter Green

PARAGUAY

Very sad news about the great british blues man and guitarist passing away. I always think of him when l hear the guitars on albatross when Fleetwood Mac was his band. Telling of the times we live in when it's hardly mentioned in the press

Indeed.

Jonny Walker had a good interview with stevie Nix on Sunday (probably a repeat). Worth listening to on catch up. More about her voice than than anything else though. Very little on the band formation.

I only found it buried in the middle pages a small column. Will check that Johnny Walker out Siege . Think the great songwriting she and Lynsey Buckingham gave with the Fleetwood /McVie bluesy bass gave the band and that lead guitar of Buckingham awesome

Very sad news about the great british blues man and guitarist passing away. I always think of him when l hear the guitars on albatross when Fleetwood Mac was his band. Telling of the times we live in when it's hardly mentioned in the press
One of the true greats. Same for me too, most of his songs are very evocative of the era especially Albatross and Man of the World.
It's a shame he had such a troubled life, and that his work and subsequent influence hasn't been more widely appreciated.
Indeed. Jonny Walker had a good interview with stevie Nix on Sunday (probably a repeat). Worth listening to on catch up. More about her voice than than anything else though. Very little on the band formation.
I'm pretty sure I caught that interview some months ago, so I think you're right it's most likely a repeat. Worth a listen though if you haven't heard it.

Back