• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Petition

Ed Seeley

This was posted on a koi forum I visit and I thought that a few people here might agree with it and add their signatures too.

Please help increase the number of signatures on this petition - visit the below link, sign (if you agree, of course) and circulate.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Injured-heroes/

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Review the
compensation awarded to British Servicemen for severe injuries
suffered in the service of The Crown

Despite the last review of compensation rates for servicemen
and women injured whilst on active service the levels remain
low. For example, one brave young Royal Marine was recently
badly injured in Afghanistan. His life changing injuries have
cost him his right arm and both legs, and yet his compensation
award is just £214,000. Although he will also receive a modest
pension, this is pitiable recompense for his injuries and, when
compared with civilian compensation awards, is an insult.
Unfortunately his treatment is not unique, and is part of a
pattern that brings shame on our society.

The brave service personnel injured whilst on active service
for our country deserve better than this. We urge you, Prime
Minister, to do right by them and radically improve the
compensation available to help them rebuild their lives.

They're risking life and limb keeping us safe the least we can do is look after them properly if they need us to.

Signed :)

I can't believe the story I heard on the news the other day about an iraqi boy/teenager who has been awarded £2m after an accidental shooting. Now, I don't begrudge this person compensation but it seems very unfair.

I heard about that, to say the least I was disgusted, in my opinion we owe the troops money, an apology should have been given but no money, its war all this will do is open the floodgates for schemers after money.

Consider the petition signed.

done!

Signed
Alot of my Family on my Mums side are War Veterans - My great Grandfather was a Veterinarian (Horses), and 3 of her Older brothers have both Served for their country and the UK.

Cheers everyone and please keep siging up guys. I just think it's all about fair play. How can a prisoner sue the prison wardens for compensation because they weren't allowed to learn a new skill in prison yet people injured on our behalf get a pittance in comparison? It's just not right.

Please spread the new or copy this onto other forums too to get more signatories.

Themuleous said:
And the gurka one, thats a farse too.

Couldn't agree more! Whatever someone's views on immigration (and I think it's generally a good thing) there's no way someone who fought for our country should be denied the right to live here and become a British subject. Even the Ancient Romans had got that right; being in the army was a route to being a citizen regardless of origin.

Back