• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Petrified Wood

fish.com1

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever used petrified wood? I am thinking of getting some off Aqua Essentials but don't know much about it. Like what colour is it when it is submerged? I anyoner had a picture of it submerged that would be great. And any other info like if it release tannins or not would be appreciatted.

Thanks.

I remember Dan Crawford using it in a nice scape, I just had a quick look and can't find the post but it's there somewhere. If I remember it was called "--- Wilderness" or something along those lines.

I don't think it leeches any tannins.

Think i've found the post. Its called "Dan crawford's jurassic dawn". (hope you don't mind Dan).

Looks really nice in Dan's scape I think I may be ordering some :D

Haha, it doesnt take much to persuade me to start playing with a new 'scape !!! :lol:

I actually got 4 pieces (not 6), so this is 2 x 2kg from AE:

petrified1.jpg

The tank is 12" x 10" x 8" by the way.

Tony

i found it to be quiet dirty still full of clay and need a soak and a good scrub with a nail brush and like George said i got some nice shapes after hitting it with a hammer

Back