• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Just a quick one....

cbDeAg0.jpg

Here are a couple of iphone snaps from the last couple of days at the New Malden event. If any of you are nearby I'd urge you to head down there today and see the completion of the tank - it really is a HUGE tank, and impressive to see. Also the hardscape and Tropica planting looks great ! Unfortunately I cant make it there today but plenty of the ukaps and Tropica team will be there from 11 until 4 filling the tank and tweaking the planting, and George Farmer is also scaping a demo tank there today too.

Tony

The hardscape...
PAH_2.jpg

Dan Crawford and Ian Holdich in the tank planting, Mark Evans and Troels from Tropica on the outside...
PAH_3.jpg

Planted ...
PAH_1.jpg

Filling...
PAH_4.jpg

What a great weekend, the tank looks very very impressive and I hasten to say "better" than Amanos home tank ; )

Hopefully we'll get some pics up of the tank with clear water, and I think it 3-6 months time this tank will be breath taking.

Also, I personally would like to thank Pets at Home for their hospitality this weekend, they were all fantastic and very eager to learn and be involved.

This is so good . A great way to get people into the hobby , I have a pets @ home where I live but the staff in there don't even know what co2 is ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could only make it Saturday and what a great day that was, great setup also and hard work, was great to see how the guys work together and made it look easy in the end, was all done and dusted by 3PM, Mark was a great leader too, knew exactly what he wanted and how to lead the team.

Looking forward to a visit in a couple weeks time to see how its doing, great work guys excellent meet up as always, Pets at Home Staff were great too :)

Welcome on board Pippa :)

George wishes he had longer legs on that last pic :p

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk 4
I can't believe Antoni posted George's finished scape before the 'in progress' shot. He does look very proud of his Rio Negro sand bed scape ;) lol

Great weekend.
Really nice to meet up with the team from tropica and to see what pets @ home are doing to enhance and expand the hobby. Enjoyed catching up and getting to know better the ukaps team too :)
Super job from some well respected members here planting this beast up and a big congratulations to Mark in completing this huge undertaking so professionally.
You really don't get a true feel of just how big this is from the photos and how heavily it is planted. In a few months time when the echinodorus and vallis really take hold there will be a great shape to this scape set off perfectly by the huge pieces of fern covered driftwood.
Really looking forward to the Stockport event now and I'd encourage anyone who can make it there to pop in and have a look at what's involved in creating these massive scapes and how well these guys do it.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back