• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PH and CO2 diffusion

RossMartin

Hi all,

I had problems in my tank with what was a CO2 defficiency. I've been playing around with inline diffusers, lily pipes and spraybars etc and i wanted to ask a couple of questions about my findings.

What PH drop should i be aiming for if my hardness is as per the information below?

waterhardness800.png

My PH before the CO2 kicks in is 7.6. I managed to get it to 6.8 before lights on but my bps was far too quick to count!. When i turned this down to 4bps i managed to get it to 7.1 / 7.2

Thanks

Ross

Hi,
From what I have learnt from the forum A ph drop of at least 1 full unit is a good place to start
:)
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah thats what i thought, but i thought i read somewhere that if you have hard water that 1 full unit might not be managable.....i could well be and most probably am wrong!!!

General hardness has no relationship to pH.

You are probably thinking about Alkalinity. That has relevance because Alkalinity is defined as the waters resistance to pH change. The chart you are showing is completely irrelevant.

Cheers,

Back