• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ph profile, co2 and 0kh

“Note 2: The pH-KH relationship is not linear. If your tank water measures 0-1dkH, you need to target around a 1.5pH relative drop to be within reach of the 25ppm CO2 target.”

From Dennis. This little tidbit of information is quite interesting, since it links my 1.4 pH drop to my green drop checker. Quite interesting, I wonder how he arrived at this conclusion.

The article for anyone interested
You can email the 2hr aquarist team or fb message him. I’ve done both multiple times and he’s always responded.

Fish happy. Plants happy. This means bacteria happy. Water crystal clear? No need to worry. :).

I am amidst rescaping my tank and debating removing all testing including DC and running co2 just by the system.
Why no drop checker Josh?

Why no drop checker Josh?
Always found it makes me second guess. Also found it distracts from the tank.

Ex:
Fish looks lethargic but it’s green — no brainer turn it down … but it’s green so it’s fine?

Ex:
Everything looks great! But it’s blue - gotta turn up co2.

Caught myself down these rabbit holes too many times - including pH.

Who knows I might re introduce it.

But before I went hands off with my tank I found it to be much simpler: turn co2 on and look at tank, turn it up, look at tank. Fish unhappy, turn it down.

Co2 with lights or 1 hour before lights. Lights just on or 30 min ramp. up and down.

Tank still looks bad? Turn down ferts (use some starting point) and/or increase water change/maintenance frequency until you find balance. Lol

Going to try it and that means no drop checker, probes etc. :).

CO2 - achieved ppm concentration
12.839 - what is this? Initial ppm of CO2 in the water
dKH - carbonate hardness in degrees
10^ what is this?
6.37 - degassed water PH
pH - current PH

Last edited by a moderator:
Back