• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

photo shop

John Starkey

Hi all, I will be getting a mac book soon,can you guys recommend an photo editing program,
regards john.

Thanks Clarke and saintly,I guessed most people use the ps one,
john

I'm useless with photo editing and stuff but can recommend a program called THE GIMP.

It's free (just do a Google or something) and it's pretty easy to use - a nice program to get the hang of things. I'm not sure if there's a Mac version though.

rawr said:
I'm useless with photo editing and stuff but can recommend a program called THE GIMP.

It's free (just do a Google or something) and it's pretty easy to use - a nice program to get the hang of things. I'm not sure if there's a Mac version though.

cheers rawr I'll have look at that one,
john

I use Lightroom 2 and CS3. It`s a shame you are a Mac user, John.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
I use Lightroom 2 and CS3. It`s a shame you are a Mac user, John.

Dave.
I'm not a mac user yet I've still to get one,I've never heard of those programs ,
cheers dave

I'll sort you out with cs4 john, I buy massive user licenses for my studio.

Bring on the mac fella, there are a large number of folk on here who would no don't thank me to some extent for their mac migration and the saying IS true, once you've had a mac, you'll never go back!

(bring it on steveUK and LD lol)

Sorry mate, I'm one of the three people in this Solar System to go back. I just couldn't deal with the single button mouse (it's just another system of control). :geek: But as you know, I'm a psychotic nitrate lover, so the rules don't apply to me (Mr. Anderson). :shh:

Cheers,

Dan Crawford said:
I'll sort you out with cs4 john, I buy massive user licenses for my studio.

Bring on the mac fella, there are a large number of folk on here who would no don't thank me to some extent for their mac migration and the saying IS true, once you've had a mac, you'll never go back!

(bring it on steveUK and LD lol)

Danny boy your a star mate,see if you can do it in time for Tgm next month,
see ya fella.

just to take it slightly off topic. we used mac minis on my photography course in college this year and after a full term of them I was glad to get rid and back to my PC. I know they are great and they are designed for DTP but I just couldnt get my head around the way the op-sys worked :twisted: Never again.. :)

John - Once you've mastered the basics on Photoshop, I think you'll be amazed how it can enhance your photography. If I get time I'll try to post some 'before and after' shots on here. I bet some other members could show some off too...

It's no secret that I'm a fan of Macs, after 20+years as a PC user, but it's a personal choice. Is there a way you can trial one first? The Operating System is a little different to Windows and may take you time to adjust. I'm sure Dan would give you a hand though...

I have the MacBook Air, its the shizzle. It took abit of getting ust too, but its really easy after a while.
When I jump on a PC now with Vista I just curse at the dam thing, load of rubish, Mac Mac Mac for me guys. 8)

I like Macs, I love how they look so sleek and sexy,and are very good for photo/video editing. The saying is so very true "pc users swear at their computers, mac users swear by their computers", but I will still always stick with a pc for the forseeable future. I don't like the idea of paying for something I could build myself for less than half the price, even if it is more reliable. Bill Gates well and truly has me by the balls lol

ceg4048 said:
rules don't apply to me (Mr. Anderson

But how will you make your call, if you are unable to speak?

Re: photo shop and lap top choice help

Right then you guys,
all I ever do on a laptop is surf the net,photos,the odd letter,I don't do anything technical cuz I wouldn't have a clue anyway,so if you guys could recommend a good laptop ( don't want a monitor )with good battery life so I can watch a film in my truck,and something that is between 13/15 inch screen,then I'm all ears,oh and not too heavy :lol:
So basically help me choose a lap top if you think I won't get the benefit from a mac book,
regards john

Back