• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Photobucket

John Starkey

Hi all,I've been trying to upload some pics to my journal tonight but photo bucket is so slow it's doing my head in,
Is image shack any better or does anyone recommend a site
Regards john.

Hi James,the bulk loader has been loading for thirty mins,I think I'll leave it for now try tomorrow,
Regards john

For something a little different checkout getdropbox.com

2Gbyte free online storage which automatically syncs with a folder you designate on your computer. You can even use it to sync multiple computers if you install the client on each of them, be them Mac, Windows or Linux. Any file in the 'public' or 'photos' folders can have a URL automatically generated so you can use it to show photo's in posts etc. No need to upload the pictures, just put them in the local 'dropbox' folder and the client syncs it to the online storage within seconds. It can store any file type at all, not just photo's.

If anyone signs up, you get 250MByte extra storage for each referall, up to 5GByte storage, so, cheekily, here is mine :)

https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTEwODQ2MTI5

I just downloaded a pic (photobucket) and uploaded into another thread about 10 mins ago - no probs

nry said:
For something a little different checkout getdropbox.com

2Gbyte free online storage which automatically syncs with a folder you designate on your computer. You can even use it to sync multiple computers if you install the client on each of them, be them Mac, Windows or Linux. Any file in the 'public' or 'photos' folders can have a URL automatically generated so you can use it to show photo's in posts etc. No need to upload the pictures, just put them in the local 'dropbox' folder and the client syncs it to the online storage within seconds. It can store any file type at all, not just photo's.

If anyone signs up, you get 250MByte extra storage for each referall, up to 5GByte storage, so, cheekily, here is mine :)

https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTEwODQ2MTI5

Hi nry,i will give this a go sounds easy,regards john

Simon D said:
I just downloaded a pic (photobucket) and uploaded into another thread about 10 mins ago - no probs

Hi Simon,actually ive just noticed my laptop seems really slow at the moment so im thinking thats the problem.
regards john.

Strange how these things happen, pure coincidence that I'd just down/uploaded pic minutes before I read this thread!

aaronnorth said:
i find the bulk uploader slow, but the old uploader works fine for me. try resizing your pics to 800 x 600 for quicker upload. That is what i do for less important pictures.
Thanks.

Hi aaron,i will try that see how i get on ,regards john.

Back