• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Photoshop and Extract?

Steve Smith

Magnetic Lasso tool :) Enables you to draw around stuff fairly accurately. Takes a bit of tweaking sometimes but it;s pretty good.

Also, I tend to use another option called the Quick Mask tool. It enables you to paint onto the photo/picture which then turns into a selection at the click of a button. Hard to explain, but it's something like a masking/overlay tool.

This page describes it a little better:

http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/mask/mask.html

vauxhallmark

If you can get it, or know a mate who has it, Photoshop Elements (about £50) has an extract tool that is powered by witchcraft - it is unbelievable, and about 100 times easier than doing the same thing in Photoshop. I think they may have incorporated it into Photoshop CS4, but I don't have that so can't confirm.

It's definitely in Photoshop Elements 5 or above.

If you get the chance to give it a go or see it in action try it - you'll be amazed. There might be a demo on Adobe's website.

Mark

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
The pen tool is the most accurate method but also the slowest (depending on how good you are ;) )