• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PHYLLANTHUS FLUITAN

James Burcham

I was considering add some Phyllaanthus Fluitan to my scape. My main concern is them blocking light to my other plants. I know fish like floating plants and that they they will aid in oxygen production and help mitigate algae growth. I do have a lot of surface agitation and my outflow is in the form of overflows at both rear corners of the tank. So I think the majority of the plants will congregate there and the rest will be moving around the surface continuously.

Please let me know what you think.

Screenshot_20190704-115120_Chrome.jpg

It’s lovely when red (high light required, especially in harder water)

Found as an invasive species in Florida Peace River in 2010 (I didn’t look further) so be mindful of how you handle excess ... if it likes your tank, you may be removing handfuls weekly

You may want to experiment with various “corrals” to find what works for your tank/flow

Jurijs has a couple resent photos

Aquarium

Patio Pond

I wanted to find the perfect Pony version for you but that online photo troll was too much effort ;)

There are a few versions posted about ukaps, even a circle of airline tubing may do the trick
(can’t recall which Threads but I suspect any Floating title search would do it)

@alto ha I just figured out what you meant. You're referencing something to keep the plants contained! Lol I thought you meant try something that floats to observe the pattern. :joyful:

Back