• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Phytohormones in Planted Aquariums?

Markovzky

Hi

In recent times, the use of phytohormones is beginning to be popular; There are at least 6 known types applied in agriculture (emersed plants) that help accelerate-decelerate development, slow down development of fruits so that they are larger, etc.

but ... how does this help aquarium plants?

Azoo and Seachem have products that contain phytohormones, it only mentions that it helps the absorption of minerals, that the plant develops more, but is this not achieved equally with only increasing the lighting, CO2, macros and micro nutrients?

How would adding phytohormones to my high-tech FADs really help me?

Will someone who has used them continually share their experience?

I have heard that excessive concentration of auxins can be phytotoxic (which is why they are used as an ingredient in some herbicides).

Regards

A few of us on here use/used Rhizotonic from Canna, from personal experience it really helps with root hair proliferation on epiphytes (Bucephalandra), I occasionally add it to my Macro ferts (has a high pH of around 13, so sparingly used).

:)

Back