• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Phytosanitary certificate for buying plants from overseas?

hi,
i'd take a gamble and just express it.but don't blame me if it goe's tits up :lol:.

ps..you know they charge a 20 cent handling fee for each additional item.so if it's a big order it could add up a bit.
but if you're loaded it won't matter :lol:

Hi Dan, I've bought from them before without the certificate. The way they get around it is to not list the contents as live plants. It was something ambiguous as I recall. That's a long way to be ordering plants and shipping is a killer so I'd make sure the specimens aren't something you can get cheaper here. They do have quite a few intriguing species not commonly available in UK though.

Cheers,

I've used them for plants and aquatic magic, and one arrived as "childs toys" and the other "teeshirts". Neither time did I get the certificate.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was after...

Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Pantanal' (after seeing Clive's link on Ray's Journal) :lol:

Barclaya longifolia 'Red'

Blyxa alternifolius

Bolbitis heteroclita

and a few rarer/newer crypts

I'll try some local searches first.

I wanted all of those too ;)
Email fluidsensor, they can get plants to order but you have to have pretty high numbers of pots. They have some stuff I've never seen on their list.

Pantanal! YES! A worthy, if challenging plant mate. Buy a lot of it because it arrives small and is completely unforgiving. That means bring lots of CO2 to the table for dinner! I've not been able to grow it en-masse. It's possible that this is one of the infamous "soft water" plants. I'll need to test that if I can get my hands on some over here.

B. longfolia red should also be nice and it'll be great to see a different form of Blyxa for a change. Not a Bolbitis fan but the new crypts sound really interesting. All good selections!

Cheers,

Why only nearly mate? Come on, lets get with the program, I want to steal some of your ideas... :idea:

Cheers

it's no longer listed. :(
By the way, you're picture is so good, but at the same time, oh so very rubbish. :lol:

Thanks for having a look, i couldn't find it either.

Yes, your right my picture is good and rubbish all at the same time, maybe i'll change it again next week. ;)

TDI-line said:

I was after...

Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Pantanal' (after seeing Clive's link on Ray's Journal) :lol:

I might have some to spare if the journey from Asia is to tough on it.
th_L_pantanal.jpg

The image shows Pantanal in both emersed and submersed form, the larger cousin L.inclinata "Cuba" on the top edge.

JanOve said:
TDI-line said:

I was after...

I might have some to spare if the journey from Asia is to tough on it.
th_L_pantanal.jpg

The image shows Pantanal in both emersed and submersed form, the larger cousin L.inclinata "Cuba" on the top edge.

Many thanks for the offer, but i've just bit the bullet and ordered, but if it turns up and it's died, then i'll be in touch.

But thanks again.

Back