• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pics of my 120cm Planted tank

planter

Never found the time to create a journal on this one im afraid but I thought you might appreciate some pictures.
The tank is an AquaOne 120cm kit filtered with an AquaOne Aquis 1200 external canister. Lighting has been upgraded to an Arcadia Luminaire with 4 x 54 watt T5. I also added a hagen GLO light unit 1 x 54 watt to brighten up the foreground. Substrate is Red Sea flora base and I dose reguarly with Tropica Aquacare. Co2 is supplied via Jbl system connected to a Red Sea turbo reactor.

I couldnt tell you what the water parameters are im afraid because ive never tested. :oops:

slide3.jpg

The tank did go through a bad patch with hair algae a bit of a problem but it got over the worst. Theres still a little hair algae on close insection but it doesnt spoil the overall appearance of the tank. Somewhere in amongst all those plants is a shoal of bleeding heart tetras, 10 mortenthaleri pencils and recently added 3 platinum white angels.

bleedinghearts.jpg

alloy120final.jpg

The tank is still running and has been a lot longer lived than a lot of my scapes. The intention was always a low maintenance tank hence the ferns, Anubias and moss.

Hope you enjoy the pictures

It certainly doesn't look low maintenance to me! Expecially with that lighting!

How much did the pencils set you back? They're quite a new discovery aren't they?

beeky said:
It certainly doesn't look low maintenance to me! Expecially with that lighting!

How much did the pencils set you back? They're quite a new discovery aren't they?

Despite the lighting the ferns etc. are still reasonably slow growers, when I say low maintenance I mean in comparison to a tank full of fast growing stem plants.

The Pencils are a bit tricky to find, the best way to get hold of them is to leave your name and number with your LFS as they do come around from time to time. I think you should expect to pay between £10 and £15 each for them.

Very nice planter. Nice looking setup and quite natural looking IMO.

Can you edit your first post to do like others have with full descriptions of all your setup and routines. i.e. Tank Volume in USG. lol and specs plus exact weekly regime.

Just for all the boring people like me who like to see what others do (and sometimes copy certain aspects. lol)

Andy

Hi planter,
Super nice tank mate. I love the use of texture. Is that the needle leaf fern? That looks in tip top shape. :D Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers,

HI Planter, i really like your setup the plants look really healthy,and the layout looks nice and full, good work regards john,

Back