• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pigmy Corys

The only thing ive found with them is that they tend to be lower to mid water shoaling corys...not bottom feeders.

HTH

andy said:
The only thing ive found with them is that they tend to be lower to mid water shoaling corys...not bottom feeders.

HTH

I find this too, to a certain degree. They like to hang out on broad leaves at most levels of the tank but still hang about on the substrate too.

Which have they got? Habrosus, Hastatus or Pygmaeus? Lovely little fish :)

I echo the more mid-water than bottom. I've also heard that they can be more timid and prefer to be in larger shoals.

Superman said:
Everytime I see these in the LFS, all I do is want to buy a massive group of them.
I might get them for my 180ltr but trying to keep a CPD only tank.

What's CPD?

Mark

I love these - I had 6 in my PFK cube, they then bred, died etc, and from the 6 originals I have 7 in my 15-gallon.

I do think they prefer larger numbers though - they tend to be a bit nervous for me and often hide, but in a larger group they should fare better. To the extent that if I'm passing the LFS anytime (a 40 miles round trip for me to get to a decent LFS) I will get another 5 or 6. They behave much like their larger relatives :)

Of the three, pygmaeus are the most midwater shoaly species.

I love them all - favourite is habrosus though - I have about 8 or 9. they do spend most of their time on the bottom.

Mark

Back