• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PISCES BIO PRO EXTERNAL AQUARIUM FILTERS

They use a lot of power compared to eheims seemingly although 18w isnt a lot for the smallest one but compared to say JBL too... Depends on whether budget is an issue for power consumption (perpetual) or purchase price. Personally I would tend to go with a better known one rather than taking a punt, but Ive had practically every filter in the book, LOL.

Seems a lot of flow for a 25l tank even with the smallest filter. And 18w of power isn't too bad for an 800 litre an hour filter but you could get an eheim 2213 perfect for a 25l which only runs 8 watt. There's the new tetra tec ex 400 which would be ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate them, don't get me wrong, I would love them, but most likely double if not more in price? If the price was 10-15 difference I could stretch. Indeed it is 800lph, and does seem over kill for a 25l but its the smallest decent ish external for the 40 quid mark. External hang on with spray bar are roughly the same price, just seems obvious to go for something like this.

sr20det said:
Appreciate them, don't get me wrong, I would love them, but most likely double if not more in price? If the price was 10-15 difference I could stretch. Indeed it is 800lph, and does seem over kill for a 25l but its the smallest decent ish external for the 40 quid mark. External hang on with spray bar are roughly the same price, just seems obvious to go for something like this.

Check out this site.... Tetratex EX400 49.90 euros which is 40 quid. PLUS you get 10% off on your first purchase and anything over 29 euros is free shipping !

http://www.zooplus.de/shop/aquaristik/aquarium_pumpen/aquarium_aussenfilter#Tetra

£36 ? Cant go wrong.

Antipofish said:
sr20det said:

Check out this site.... Tetratex EX400 49.90 euros which is 40 quid. PLUS you get 10% off on your first purchase and anything over 29 euros is free shipping !

http://www.zooplus.de/shop/aquaristik/aquarium_pumpen/aquarium_aussenfilter#Tetra

£36 ? Cant go wrong.
you legend, looking up now.

Alastair said:
Yeah free shipping to the uk too. Or just order it off the uk zoo plus you still get ten percent off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get 10% off the german site too. As well as free shipping. So its cheaper all round by about 30% from germany. 20% saving on the exchange rate and then 10% on the first purchase. I now get 5% discount on all my purchases with them. 8)

Back