• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planning a Comeback

Sharkie SA

Seedling
Good day Out of good ole South Africa

Was an avid FW - Aquarist till moving into the Gauteng Area, where due to the mining activity we have numerous seismic activities daily and thus one good day after a good 6.2 shake i lost all my fish to a cracked tank and three colleagues to a underground rock fall.

I am now again in the planning stage, procuring the material and equipment too start up again once joining the pensioners parade next year. SW or FW ????????? WOW

Comes with working ± 2 miles underground and blast fracturing with the excavating of the ore body causing lots of stresses released by seismic activity.
I am also inclined to the Freshwater side but oh some of the tanks look good with those sea creatures in, because I am also a recreational (mainly catch, tag & release) Rock & Surf Angler.

Sorry to hear about your losses. When did this occur?

The ONLY way for now is to embrace the way of the planted tank..... I am not biased at all.... :)

Welcome...6.2 on the Richter Scale...that's massive, it's a base-10 log scale. You can do both planted and marine I did for a while but my passion has always been for planted. Good luck either way.

Back