• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant additions

Earlscapes

Hi people,

I want to add more defined crypts (maybe tropica or a brown/red variety) around my path but feel I'm missing some reds of something that would be a much bigger wow factor to the tank whilst adding to it for the fish.

Far left I have a space between glass and limnophila sess, that needs something currently have 53b growing that I bought as a mini blister pot. But think again would look to green everywhere.
20210227_201726.jpg

Was thinking of a rotala input on the far right and maybe Ludwigia red right corner next to sword removing the westeria as its done its job setting the scape. Any suggestions on swaping anything I have please feel free to comment or ideas how I can improve what I have.

Thanks
Dan

20210224_194611.jpg

20210227_201700.jpg

Ludwigia Sp Super Red could work? Colours up well.

Red Tiger Lotus is nice too but the colour can vary a lot. I've had 2 and one was pretty much yellow and the other intense hot pink.
Yes was thinking super red and I have a lotus growing out in my shrimp tank as bulb wasn't great when I got it. But should be a nice pink/red but its placement for me on the lotus, do I go midground to add things for the angels to swim through and create a bit of depth of as to a side and have them drop over?!

I just go for Crypt flamingo. Oddly I have seen it at AG looking quite green. But it does well under my CFLs.
There seems to be two varieties of that going around. The tissue culture version from
Dennerle which definitely stays pink and a potted version from I think aqua flora. This was never pink when i bought it and has never thought about changing to pink regardless of light, co2 etc. It’s grown bloody big too which flamingo doesn’t do. Looks more like a wendtii variety to me. If you can get the right version I’d definitely recommend it too. Cryptocoryne albida brown is also a nice one to add some detail and colour.

As mentioned you can’t go wrong with ludwigia sp mini red. As long as you provide it with half decent light and good co2 it will stay bright red.

Cheers

There seems to be two varieties of that going around. The tissue culture version from
Dennerle which definitely stays pink and a potted version from I think aqua flora. This was never pink when i bought it and has never thought about changing to pink regardless of light, co2 etc. It’s grown bloody big too which flamingo doesn’t do. Looks more like a wendtii variety to me. If you can get the right version I’d definitely recommend it too. Cryptocoryne albida brown is also a nice one to add some detail and colour.

As mentioned you can’t go wrong with ludwigia sp mini red. As long as you provide it with half decent light and good co2 it will stay bright red.

Cheers
Albiba brown was an option or ulustria (bad spelling again) Latin it proving hard to remember. Its currently running the standard light and filter that came with tank so will be upgrading them and I don't run co2.

Albiba brown was an option or ulustria (bad spelling again) Latin it proving hard to remember. Its currently running the standard light and filter that came with tank so will be upgrading them and I don't run co2.
Albida brown stays very small and is quite delicate whilst usteriana will grow into a beast in time. You may struggle with the ludwigia without co2 however I’d still give it a go as you might get lucky.

Cheers

Albida brown stays very small and is quite delicate whilst usteriana will grow into a beast in time. You may struggle with the ludwigia without co2 however I’d still give it a go as you might get lucky.

Cheers
Yh I'm thinking a mix of the two crypts then ill be happy with the fore ground and mid section. Want to add some trident at some point to fill out on the wood. Then just to get the background sorted with some colour and fullness.

Update, I have added some rotala rotundafolia in back left that was growing out in shrimp tank that should help fill out the back corner and trimmed out some amazon sword leaves that were damaged/old. Trident ordered and a new crypt, waiting on a lfs/ websites to load up new stock for brown crypts and lugwigia

Back