• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant deficiencies

Forest

I have noticed the leaves on on my MICROSORUM PTEROPUS are going an opaque green towards the tips and that I am getting leaf curle around the edges of my Hygrophila polysperma. I dose trace every second day and NPK every other day by the PMDD+PO4 method. Have high light and drop checker is in the green. Don't know what is going wrong here.
Any advice would be great.

I had the same problem with my microsorum. I got told it's normal for microsorum leaves to grow opague at the tips. It's because it's not getting enough CO2 compared to the amount of light and ferts it's getting. However, it's never going to get enough CO2 without killing the fish, so it's best not to bother yourself about it.

I can't comment on the hygro. However, in the past when my nessea crassicaulis has curled leaves, I sorted it out by adding more circulation to the tank. In my case it was that nutrients weren't getting to it.

Back