• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant growth affect DC colour

skeletonw00t

Hi guys,

Not so much of a problem more a general query here. Basically I was having issues for ages with my tank & wasn't getting the growth I wanted etc.
Finally I realised that I was messing with my co2 too much and too frequently - so my tank was unstable.

So I have left my CO2 stable at the same rate for about 3 weeks & the tank is loads better. Now over the last few days I have really noticed more pearling (I had to check I put the diffuser back on the right tube - inlet) after cleaning as it looked like mist being blown around. Also my DC has changed to a more lime green than a yellowy green colour.

My question is this: does the increased plant health / growth affect the colour of the DC? Am I right in thinking that after 3 weeks the plants have now adjusted & are utilising the CO2 properly & as such there is less CO2 in the water column due to the plants using it?

Thanks

skeletonw00t said:
My question is this: does the increased plant health / growth affect the colour of the DC? Am I right in thinking that after 3 weeks the plants have now adjusted & are utilising the CO2 properly & as such there is less CO2 in the water column due to the plants using it?

The denser your plant mass becomes, the more you'll have to slowly increase co2 to suit.

After a heavy trim, you'd have to cut back on your co2 and dosing.

Mark Evans said:
skeletonw00t said:

After a heavy trim, you'd have to cut back on your co2 and dosing.
Hi,Mark,
is that means that too much CO2 is not a good idea?

after a trim, the plants won't use so much so the CO2 level will go higher than normal, potentially causing fauna issues - just something to keep an eye on

Back