• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant Help ! What’s Gone Wrong ?

Chris PP

Hi everybody, total panic today ! Everything was going fine until noticed a couple of my plants getting brown spots. My Petite Anubias and Crypts. My Bucephalandra Red was growing then it’s completely melted. What’s confusing me is my Hydrocotyle verticillata and Ludwigia palustris are becoming established with the Ludwiga turning brownish red
My thoughts are the lights which are on for about 10 hours at different strengths. From 5% to 100% for 4 hours. The tank is 3 weeks old.

I changed the co2 to an in-line which produces the micro bubbles this is at 3 bubbles per second and the indicator shows green. The initial growth was in my opinion really great. I am dosing TMC at 5ml per day. It’s Tropica soil substrate. I am so disappointed.

Has anybody got any advice ?
78DBA399-7ADA-4561-8A49-7EDB58EF6D13.jpeg

3375AFB0-76E6-4100-AAE8-188BB92A50D2.jpeg

BF072082-2748-4E6E-890A-E6DEB8F94AA8.jpeg

A4DE12EB-E4B9-4B46-9B2E-5D8FD4C670A9.jpeg

1. Size of tank. TMC Sig 600mm 100lt
2. Filtration. Oase Biotherm 250
3. Lighting and duration. Twin star 600e 8 hrs 2@25 2@50 4@100%
4. Substrate. TROPICA Soil
5. Co2 dosing or Non-dosing. Co2 3 bubbles a min inline dosing
6. Fertilisers used + Ratios. TMC Comp 5% Daily
7. Water change regime. 30% every two days
8. Plant list. ~
  • Ludwigia palustris
  • Hydrocotyle verticillata
  • Anubias Petite
  • Vesicularia dubyana 'Christmas'
  • Cyperus helferi
  • Bucephalandra Red
  • Microsorum pteropus Trident
  • Micranthemum Monte Carlo

9. Inhabitants.
  • Cherry shrimps x 10
  • Otocinclus x 3
  • Black neon tetra x 6

Last edited:
Hi, there aRe others on her who know a lot more than me, but looking at the I formation you’ve given, I don’t think you’re feeding them enough for the co2 and light you rare giving them. For your 100 ltr, the stated dosage of TNC is 10ml per week, but that is very little for high tech EI. You can comfortably go up to 50-60ml per week.
Also, is your drop checker green or light green? What is the flow? Are the micro bubbles dispersed throughout the whole tank?

1. Size of tank. TMC Sig 600mm 100lt
2. Filtration. Oase Biotherm 250
3. Lighting and duration. Twin star 600e 8 hrs 2@25 2@50 4@100%
4. Substrate. TROPICA Soil
5. Co2 dosing or Non-dosing. Co2 3 bubbles a min inline dosing
6. Fertilisers used + Ratios. TMC Comp 5% Daily
7. Water change regime. 30% every two days
8. Plant list. ~
  • Ludwigia palustris
  • Hydrocotyle verticillata
  • Anubias Petite
  • Vesicularia dubyana 'Christmas'
  • Cyperus helferi
  • Bucephalandra Red
  • Microsorum pteropus Trident
  • Micranthemum Monte Carlo

9. Inhabitants.
  • Cherry shrimps x 10
  • Otocinclus x 3
  • Black neon tetra x 6
10. Full tank shot.
Hi, there aRe others on her who know a lot more than me, but looking at the I formation you’ve given, I don’t think you’re feeding them enough for the co2 and light you rare giving them. For your 100 ltr, the stated dosage of TNC is 10ml per week, but that is very little for high tech EI. You can comfortably go up to 50-60ml per week.
Also, is your drop checker green or light green? What is the flow? Are the micro bubbles dispersed throughout the whole tank?
Thanks for your help ! So I am dosing 5ml per day, my drop checker is light green and the bubbles re dispersed fully throughout. Apart from the Anubias and now the Monte Carlo all the other plants seem fine. The Bucephalandra Red melted possibly as I planted on the soil and think that was wrong.

Back