• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID and choice help wanted

hypnogogia

Hi, I have some cryptocorynes in my tank, but am not sure which variety. Can someone help?
Picture below. I’m asking as I want to get some greener ones (these are quite dark) so as to avoid buying the same ones again.

Also, I’m after an echinodorus. I’m looking for a bright green and no higher than 45 cm when fully grown. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Attachments

• E42DDEB3-CD1C-4798-8624-EE96519FA105.jpeg
    E42DDEB3-CD1C-4798-8624-EE96519FA105.jpeg
    546.1 KB · Views: 110
I think it's cryptocoryne wendtii with Mg deficiency. BTW usually the stronger the light, the brighter green plants are as they need less chlorophyll to produce energy from the light. That's why plants like bolbitis, microsorums, moss, certain crypts etc are usually much darker (assuming they live in low light conditions) than for example tonina species.

Ah, Ok. I put root tabs in, but only about 3 weeks ago. Guess they will take longer to work. So you think they will lighten up?

I think they will if you keep them under strong light in open space. My crypts have green hue nearly identical with surrounding plants (under approx 1W/litre T5).

crypto.jpg

Back