• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID help please

Andrew Butler

Can anyone help me with plant ID in the aquascape below please

Thanks in advance
Andrew

tumblr_o39s6ffk7E1s3c1oao1_1280.jpg

Do you mean the plant with long thin crinkly lancelet leaves Andrew? I agree with Hoggie - looks like C. balansae or C. crispatula var. "balansae"

Oh, okay, looks like an Echinodorus of some sort, maybe something like E. palaefolius var. latifolius?
Thanks Tim

I am completely clueless with this and just hoping the wisdom of others can help me so thank you Tim and Hoggie - feel free to draw circles around every plant and name them! haha

Either way, if I remember rightly Pets @ Home sometimes have them in, I think grown by Tropica.
Curiously though they don't appear in Tropica's web site plant list, so I maybe wrong.

It's a grand example of how a tank evolves from it's original hardscape & first months ... maturing into something quite unexpected (at least I'm always surprised :wideyed: )
- hopefully he remembers what that plant is & how it fared :)

I'd pm sanj
It's a guess as to whether the plant is emerse growth that will transition to a rather different submerse leaf (it seems very rigid for a submerse leaf) or if it's just an unusual submerse leaf
Almost a year has passed between the photo entries so it could easily be either guess

Back