Plant ID please

beeky

Many bamboos like to grow in moist soil, but as far as I know, none are aquatic.

Where did you get it?

Many plants are sold as aquatic and there are quite a few that would be happier in a pot on your window sill.

I've seen this plant sold alot in LFS. They look a lot like a plant that grows in marsh area in malaysia. It commonly known as bamboo plant but it probably not bamboo. looks more like palm tree to me.

aaronnorth

Thats all i know it as - a bamboo plant. I got mine off eBay and all 5 rotted (but i left it just incase it was grown emerged) but nothing happenned so it is probobly a marsh plant.

Ed Seeley

It's not actually a bamboo but a type of Palm. I believe it is the same species as a Rattan Palm (Calamus sp.). It's a house plant, not suited to underwater growth so pot it up in some compost and enjoy it out of your tank!

Peter6bee

aaronnorth said:
Thats all i know it as - a bamboo plant. I got mine off eBay and all 5 rotted (but i left it just incase it was grown emerged) but nothing happenned so it is probobly a marsh plant.
Thats where I spotted it on e-bay and wondered what it was.

Cheers all

Peter6bee

vauxhallmark said:
Definitely a palm. Do what eds says above.

M
I've not bought it. I was just browsing for ideas of plants and came across that which intrigued me.