• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID please...

Pedro Rosa

This one grew on my previous tank (Dark Land for those that saw the Journal) on a rock and i didn't put it there :)
Two possibilities: 1) came with the rock, it's a non aquatic plant but grew underwater and is still growing slowly (i changed it to another aquarium); 2) came with another plants and went with the flow to that rock (I bought some plants from Vasteq and that could be a possibility).
It's an epiphytic plant.

I compared with Bolbitis mini... but I don't think so!

IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG

Thank you very much.
Pedro.

Hi all,
It looks like a terrestrial fern. The spores get everywhere, and in suitably damp conditions the <"prothallus"> can grow out into a new sporophyte (the "fern").

"Crepidomanes auriculatum" (
probably really Hymenasplenium obscurum) might be a possibility, but I can't remember exactly what it looked like.

cheers Darrel

At first I really thought that Darrel was right but looking at Tiago suggestion of Gua Angin i find it very similar... I'll let it grow a little bit and on weekend i'll try to take a macro shot of the leafs.
Yes Tiago +- 10 cm.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Back