• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant id.

Murphy-18

could somebody please tell me the name of these, if possible?
Sorry for the bad quality.

Cheers, Ian

DSC00236-1.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

open an account on photobucket.

reduce the pics to a screen size so they upload quicker and on a page load quicker plus save you space in your photbucket account.

Then upload the pic

Once uploaded hover over the pic you want to show and then copy the forum one which will have tags around it.

Copy and paste that code into your post and the post will load the pics from photobucket when people are reading it.

AC

I'm sorry but that is confusing, just copy and paste the links into a new window.

Once uploaded to photobucket if you hovver over the picture you want there will be several links below it for you to choose. you want the one that starts

click on that link, then right-click-copy, then go to your post and paste it.

Best to use 2 tabs. One for photobucket and one for the forum you want to paste the img link into.

AC

Murphy-18 said:
I'm sorry but that is confusing, just copy and paste the links into a new window.

The links are to files on your computer :D .

You have to upload them to the internets for us to see them.

Mark

Left and right in Pic one you have a species of Valisneria, and in the middle an echinodorus - I can't see the back right plant, could be the same as the one in the middle.

Try looking at the plant pics on tropica.com and compare them to your plants to get more specific (no pun intended) names for them.

The plant in pics 2 and 3 is not aquatic, and will not survive under water. You could try growing it in a pot on the windowsill though.

Hope that helps!

Mark

Ye, in the first pic there are 2 of the same, which i forgot to mention.

Thanks for the info, appreciated. :D

Murphy-18 said:
DSC00236-1.jpg

Tall thin one is Vallisneria tortifolia or whatever species name it is given this week!!!
The other is an Echinodorus, probably the one sold as E.bleheri.

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

These are both Chlorophytum, possibly C.bichetti

Ed Seeley said:
Murphy-18 said:
DSC00236-1.jpg

Tall thin one is Vallisneria tortifolia or whatever species name it is given this week!!!
The other is an Echinodorus, probably the one sold as E.bleheri.

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

These are both Chlorophytum, possibly C.bichetti

Cheers ed. I've been told a few people have had success growing the c.bichetti underwater. Do they have any special requirements?

Thanks again.

Murphy-18 said:
Cheers ed. I've been told a few people have had success growing the c.bichetti underwater. Do they have any special requirements?

Thanks again.

To be out of the water....

I don't think they'll grow long term submerged under water. They will put on some growth under water but after a while I think they'll rot. If you really want to keep them you could grow them emersed with their roots in the water in the tank. Or you could grow them like a house plant somewhere bright and humid. They're closely related to spider plants and will do far better out of the water IMO.

Back