• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID...?

Ryan Young

As title indicates would anyone be able to ID these plants, the last picture is annoying me as I have the name wrote down but cannot find it.

The first two pictures are of something that just started growing in my shrimp tank. It grew quite large or the surface of the water like a carpet but I did not plant it or know how it got in as I cleaned all the plants I bought.
It has gotten so big that it ended up covering the whole surface of a 30x30cm tank however it actually looks quite nice if I can keep it under control.

I feel like it must be a type of moss as it has no real root system and is only holding together as it is entwined together.

(Pardon the algae in the photos, this is from a tank that I moved plants into the treat and stuck the moss stuff in there to get it out of the 30cm tank)

Thanks
IMG_1298.JPG
IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG

Thanks both, will read into further detail about the hygrophila as it doesnt seem to be growing all that well :)

Back