• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant identification!

Do you also see it in the water? Under water? :) Not sure but the stems looks to thick but that could be emersed growth on wet mud under water these are more slender.. Starwort species maybe (Callitriche) often confused with the Crassula. Could be one of the 2.. My bet goes for 2, because the emersed starwort isn't so commonly found.

The flowering one is "forget me not" " :) (got this one in my tank emersed)

Last edited:
Crassula helmsii
What ..... never heard of it!.....:lol:
Can it be grown submerged as Konrad asked me!
Who knows?
Cheers
hoggie

Yes.. ) It's origine is i believe Australia, introduced as aquarium and pond plant it escaped captivity and spreaded almost all over the world. In some places it is considered a threat for local vegie's because it grows to easy on poor soil and spreads like hell.

This example pic was taken at New Forest UK all Crassula. So there's enough of it.. I guess it's one of the contributers off UK's strickt import policies nowadays i learned here at UKAPS..

D%20Watercrassula%20A13.jpg

Last edited:
I have some i my tank. Just because i think its fun to have a crassula underwater really;)
It grows just fine underwater.. But it does get abit weedy and needs trimming.

Back