• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant identity

Shane22

Seedling
18FF8EB3-F910-4F77-B607-DE12D4672F3A.jpeg
Hi guys,
New to the site and aquascaping. I need some help identifying a plant and if anything is wrong with it. I thought it was an amazon sword plant but a lot of forums say that it shouldn’t be this colour. Help is appreciated.

Defenitely not an Echinodorus.
Your plant is a Cryptocoryne - most likely a Cryptocoryne wendtii of some kind. There are quite many variations of Cryptocoryne wendtii in trade. They are generally very easy plants to grow, adapting well to very different aquatic conditions. By sudden changes in environment, the leaves may fall apart (=melt) very sudden - but wait patiently a few weeks, and new leaves will start to grow from basis.
- and welcome to the wonderfull world of aquascaping.....

Ahh yes, thank you. I’ve google some images of the plant you’ve suggested and it does look identical to the Cryptocoryne wendtii brown.
Thank you for your help. I can stop worrying about the colour now. It’s developed more of the brownish colour after I started dosing with excel.

Back