• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID's please :)

Steve Smith

Hey guys 'n gals. Wondered if anyone could ID these two plants for me:

Plant_ID.jpg

The one in the middle looks like a Mayaca sp. ? The one on the right (redish leaves/stems) I'm not so sure about. I have a niggling feeling its not aquatic but thought I'd risk it as my LFS was selling bunches at 5 for £5.

Cheers, Steve.

The centre one looks like Mayaca fluviatilis. It could be M.sellowiana, but that has slightly pinker tips I believe.

The right hand plant looks like Ludwigia repens, though it may be another species.

There is a very slight red tinge to the tips of the mayaca, on the newer growth. Hopefully it will colour up a little more when I plant it out. I'm going back to the LFS for a spraybar kit/inlet kit (another £25 gone!) so I might grab another few bunches of the mayaca so I have enough to plant one end of my rio 180 :)

Thanks for the IDs :)

Hi
i love that wood you have in there. looks great :) where did you get it from.

eds said:
The centre one looks like Mayaca fluviatilis. It could be M.sellowiana, but that has slightly pinker tips I believe.

The right hand plant looks like Ludwigia repens, though it may be another species.

This person is correct, for I have both :) .

Thanks guys :) The Ludwigia looking plant is really colouring up on the top few layers of leaves. Looks quite nice. Need to pinch the tops off to try and get it to bush out.

donkey said:
Hi
i love that wood you have in there. looks great :) where did you get it from.

Wood is "Redmoor Wood" from Aquaessentials :)

Back